Happy 1 year release anniversary!
So it has been one year since Reflex Arena had it’s full release on Steam. While it has been slow, 1.2.0 beta is now out. Thank you to everyone that has kept on playing and supporting us.
Hello humans! (and other species so we don’t offend)
We’ve put together a bunch of hotfixes for you. There’s more under the hood that accompanies these as usual, but you get the idea..
- Carnage pickup sound is heard again (now clamped to 4 seconds — ours is 3.7)
- cl_playercolorX is now blocked when not in menu
- cl_player<inventory> cvars are now blocked when not in menu
- Player name now flood protected
- Drop in support now preserves existing player states in arena games
- Fixed issue where in arena1v1, game would end if a playing player left (while there were queued people that could come in next round)
- Added: MapAutoSave widget! Intervals and backup counts configurable in options
- Replay editor: now properly stays visible in edit mode
- Replay editor: can no-longer select spectators in replays
- Accelmeter: added race mode/training mode only options
- Proving grounds now includes on/off/both options (so now you can queue for both proving grounds and standard map pools)
With 1.1 we are adding a new competitive playlist to Match Making – Proving Grounds.
At this stage, it will be for 1v1 maps only, this is mainly due to the fact of the current large backlog of potentially good 1v1 maps available. We will look to expand this to 2v2/CTF etc soon.
This will be a playlist featuring new and upcoming maps to test their potential to enter the official map pool for upcoming seasons. Full Match Making Rank and CP awards are available in the Proving Grounds – we want to encourage play, testing and feedback. (more…)
New art, new cosmetics, new announcer and more! This build release is packed full of new features you’ll need some time to check them all out.
Another small fix.
- Fixed issue in sound manager that would cause the game to progressively run slower over time
- HealthBar: fixed coloured bar incorrect offset
Announcing the Reflex Monthly Cups!
Reflex has been in need of a more established competitive scene for some time. Competing at a high level in any game requires time and dedication. The goal of the Reflex Monthly Cups is to give those who have the drive to compete in duel the guarantee that their commitment will be rewarded. Our goal is not to provide two tournaments or ten tournaments, but to provide a sustainable framework for competitive and dependable Reflex duel tournaments that will continue as long as there is demand and people willing to organize them.
Our target is to hold one tournament every two weeks, alternating between NA and EU.
In other words: one duel tournament every 4 weeks for each region.
RMC is a purely volunteer effort, but we will do our best to consistently meet this goal.
Game Type: 3v3 atdm
Date : May 1st, 2017
Starting Time : 15:00 CET
Signup close at 13.00 CET
Checkin start at 14.00 CET
Map pool: Overkill, Ascension, Bazinga, sepulcrum, campgrounds
– competitive ruleset
-/roll 100, highest number wins, winner ban – loser ban – winner pick – loser pick – last map is tiebreaker